Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.
Matrix Analogy | Matrix Analogy Reloaded | Matrix Analogy Revolutions
- Wurm: How did you know someone was here?
- Link: He’s doing his Superman thing.
- Trinity: How does he always know?
These are some of the powers of the One – Neo that he gains through understanding of the Matrix. These are also some of the powers that are gained through meditation. These are usually distractions from the goal of Nirvana. You will observe that Neo shows no pride for these powers and they are never used unless necessary.
- Neo: I told you, Kid, you found me, I didn’t find you… You saved yourself.
Here you can see that a person is responsible for his own karma and only by his own effort can a person be liberated from his suffering. No one, not even a Buddha, can liberate anyone from his suffering unless he puts his own efforts.
- Councillor Hamann: I suppose we do, but down here sometimes I think about all those people still plugged into the Matrix.
Councillor Hamann who has speaks of all the people still suffering engrossed (plugged) in the world of samsara.
- The Oracle: He’s being held prisoner by a very dangerous program one of the oldest of us. He is called the Merovingian, and he will not let him go willingly.
Neo: What does he want?
The Oracle: What do all men with power want? More power.
Titans are one of the oldest from the world systems. Humans appeared later have limited life span. They have power but still want more power and fight amongst themselves and even with the Gods for power.
- Merovingian: You see, there is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect.
About Dependent Origination. Cause and effect leading to the never ending cycle of samsara.
- Merovingian: Causality. There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the `why.’ …. Another link in the chain.
Causality – Cause and effect – Dependent Origination – There is no escape from it. Only hope is to understand ‘why’ we suffer, why can’t the chain of dependent origination be broken easily, By Understanding the ‘why’ of suffering we remove our ignorance regarding dukkha, impermance and ‘anatta’ and can break the link in the chain.
- This level is filled with doors. These doors lead to many places, hidden places, but one door is special. One door leads to the Source. This building is protected by a very secure system.
Keymaker: But like all systems it has a weakness. The system is based on the rules of a building. One system built on another.
The door to Nirvana leads to the source, to liberation from suffering, to the disintegration into the component parts that of earth, water, fire and air and the five skandas of feelings, consciousness, thought, contact, etc. System is built one system on another, body on mind, mind on body.
The Architect Dialogue
Neo: Who are you?
Architect: I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I’ve been waiting for you. You have many questions, and though the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.
God created the world. Neo has still not attained Nirvana and hence he is still a Human, but the process has altered his consciousness. (After attaining Nirvana though a person remains physically human till death, he rises above all the world systems and free from any form of suffering).
Architect: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which, despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably… here.
The world of samsara is perfect and the cycle of samsara continues forever and ever without breaking for all the beings in all the world systems alike. The cycle of happiness and suffering continues in harmony. Due to the anomaly in the system – that of endless suffering due to ignorance to see the world as it is – Buddha, who sees the world as it is i.e. impermanent, not self and full of suffering, comes into being for the total eradication of suffering.
- Neo: You haven’t answered my question.
Architect: Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.
TV Neos: Others? How many others? What others? Answer my question!
Architect: The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the 6th version.
TV Neos: 5 `One’s before me? 4 3 2 What are you talking about?
Neo: There are only two possible explanations, either no one told me, or no one knows.
Architect: Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly is systemic – creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.
Here they are speaking of the other Buddhas who existed before the present one that we know of. Buddha spoke of Buddhas who existed before him from a definite time period before him as there is infinite past and there is no beginning or an end of the Universe.
- Architect: The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art – flawless, sublime. A triumph equalled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another – an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.
Neo: The Oracle.
Here the Architect speaks of the creation and destruction of the world many times. Our world that of humans too has similarly been created and destroyed many times.
- Architect: Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probablility of disaster.
Neo: This is about Zion.
Most of us accept the world as we see it (99% for the Matrix), which is ofcourse the false view. Those who see the right view (the dhamma – Buddha’s teaching – anicca, anatta and dukkha) forming the Sanga (Zion in Matrix).
- Architect: You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed – its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.
TV Neos: Bullshit!
Architect: Denial is the most predictable of all human responses, but rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.
Architect: The function of the One is now to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which, you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals – 16 female, 7 male – to rebuild Zion.
Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash, killing everyone connected to the Matrix, which, coupled with the extermination of Zion, will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.
Our Earth has been created and destroyed many times earlier. After the death of the Buddha there is no further rebirth as both the body and mind (consciousness) decompose into its component parts i.e. return to its source.
- Neo: You won’t let it happen. You can’t. You need human beings to survive.
Architect: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility of the death of every human being on this world.
It is interesting, reading your reactions. Your 5 predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication – a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific – vis a vis love.
Neo: Trinity. …..the cost of her own.
Profound love towards all living beings (Metta) one of the four Brahma Viharas (Heavenly States of mind) were present in all previous Buddhas, but is very specific in the future Buddha i.e. Maitreya Buddha who has incomparable love to all living beings (Metta).
- Architect: Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Source, and the salvation of Zion. The door to your left leads back to the Matrix, to her and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don’t we? Already, I can see the chain reaction – the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason – an emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth. She is going to die, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.
Architect: Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.
Neo: If I were you, I would hope that we don’t meet again.
Architect: We won’t.
The fundamental flaw of Samsara – Anomaly – annica, anatta and dukkha – as both the beginning and end of suffering.
As Neo is still a human during the dialogue and not gained complete understanding of Matrix (attained Nirvana) he is still affected by blinding emotion of human beings.
Matrix Analogy | Matrix Analogy Reloaded | Matrix Analogy Revolutions